Caleb started Seminary yesterday (yay!). I think he is excited and I think he enjoyed it, but it's going to be pretty intense. There will be A LOT of reading. I don't really know what all he is taking, but he said that Intro to Theology is probably going to be his favorite class. For those who don't know, Caleb is pursuing a Masters of Arts in Media and Communication from Dallas Theological Seminary. So no, he does not want to be a pastor.
Meanwhile, summer is over, which means no more summer camp for me! For the past two months, I have been working 9-2 doing summer camp at the gym, which was totally crazy because you're basically babysitting 40 kids. But it's over, and my schedule has changed and I love it! I work 12-3:30 in the office, and then coach 3:30-8. I also work Saturdays, which kind of sucks, and Friday Night Out from 7-9:30 on Fridays, but hey, it's a job, and it's paying the bills, so I'm not complaining. I am very excited to not have to be there until noon now! The gym is awesome, I love the people that I work with, and the facility is brand new and unlike anything I have seen before. I love working there! And it's given me the opportunity to get back in shape---I have recently gotten my splits back! I know, I know, you're wondering why I'm so excited, but I have been out of gymnastics for 10 years, so that's pretty remarkable. I do basically live up there, so I guess it's to be expected that I would get some of it back, but still. I am also working on getting back handsprings back on tumble trak and floor (I did one the other day on tumble trak, and let's just say I have a ways to go!). Back tucks on tramp are good, I'd like to have that back as well, but that's a little ambitious for me now.
Caleb still hasn't had any luck with the job search. I can't figure it out---I mean, he has a degree from a major university, and he can't get a job at McDonald's (yes, he did apply). So we are very confused. We're starting to think there is some discrimination because of him attending Seminary, so maybe he will start leaving that off of applications. It's so sad that at 2 or 3 interviews he has been met with opposition when he mentioned attending Seminary. But we are hopeful that something will turn up, and thankful for WOGA. I figure even if he doesn't work for the two years he's in school, we'll be okay. I mean, it's only two years, and I can do anything for that short amount of time.
Until next time,
Whitney

YOU HAVE A BLOG!! YAY!
ReplyDeleteI think it's because people are so desperate for jobs that they are taking on multiple part time jobs just to pay the bills. A lot of people have been having that problem.