Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sale Ads

Is it weird that I get upset when the sale ads don't come before Wednesday (when all the sales start)? And I don't mean like a little bit aggravated, I mean MAD. Ever since being married, I have decided that I want to make my paychecks go as far as possible. So when possible, I buy only what's on sale. Kind of Kate Gosselin style before she went crazy and basically abandoned her 8 beautiful kids for publicity. But anyways, I love looking at the sale ads! It's a new hobby of mine. Let's share what I found this week:

grapes for 59 cents a pound

Naked fruit smoothies for $1.99 (if you haven't had these, please go get one, they are so awesome and get me through my long days at the gym. But don't get the protein one, it tastes like sand.)

mahi mahi for $2.99 a pound

king crab legs for $9.99 a pound

And a bunch of other stuff! I'm most excited about the Naked smoothies (MR can back me up here, I was on the phone with her last week when I went and got my first batch of on sale smoothies).

I love saving money by eating at home! And we haven't been suffering, as so many commonly think. We have had salmon and tilapia on several occasions, as well as other fine homemade meals (that my wonderful husband cooks, I might add). I think that a lot of people think that we are suffering or missing out on a lot of things by choosing to be financially independent. But I think it's just the opposite. We are having to figure out how to stretch my paycheck to fill our needs while also trying to put a little each month in savings. So while it is not the easiest thing I've ever done (I could really go for some Cane's chicken every once in a while), I think in the long run, we will be glad. But we will see how that plays out when football season starts and we don't have cable haha!

While we do tend to stay in and limit our spending, I got a movie gift card from a birthday party I worked last weekend, so we went and saw "The Time Traveler's Wife." Which everyone should go see! It was great and a nice reward after my close to 60 hour workweek.

In other news, we're only a little over a week away from the OU v. BYU game! My family and in-laws are coming and we're all going to the game! I am so excited to see the new stadium and the Sooners. I do have to work that morning (you'd be surprised how hard it is to find someone to cover your classes and also how strict they are about you getting your classes covered) but oh well. It will be so fun!

Off to finish my coffee, read a little Ted Dekker (currently finishing Sinner before Green comes out next week, but that's a topic for a whole other post), then off to work.

~Whitney

3 comments:

  1. I think I must be confused. Who thinks that you're suffering by choosing to be financially independent? And I didn't think being financially independent was a choice once you get married.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, Naked fruit smoothies. yes, I agree the protein ones taste like sand though!

    ReplyDelete