It's been a rough few weeks for me. I have been working crazy hours, about half in the office and half coaching. I really prefer the coaching, but I don't mind the office work too much, except that it really stresses me out. I feel like I still really don't know what I'm doing... Like everything is gray when I am a very black-and-white kind of girl. I just really need some prayer, that I can be patient and understanding and not take things personally-just do my best and have a good attitude about it. Things have gotten better in the last week, but I still have work to do.
I started volunteering in the preschool area at The Village this weekend, and it was really fun! I hope that doing it every week doesn't wear me out, though. I guess I need prayer for that, too...
Caleb has enrolled for classes next spring, and it's looking like he might be a little bit ahead in his degree plan. Since I have to be back for work on January 4th, he is also taking a winter session course (it's only a week long from January 4-8) which is putting him in a good position for the spring. He is also only taking classes on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, which will help with the driving and the gas. And two of his classes only run until spring break, so the second half of the semester will be pretty light. I think he is planning on taking as many classes as he can over the summer too. He's really trying to get done in two years (maybe 1 1/2) so he can get a job. We are really hoping that the 400 hour internship required and the placement program they have at the school will really open up some doors for him when it comes time to find a job. He is also meeting with someone from the audiovisual team at The Village this week to possibly start volunteering with them. We really love it there and hope that it works out that we can continue going. Plus I enjoy the weekly trip to Rosa's, but that's purely secondary.
All in all, things are good here, just trying to live day by day. I forgot to take my camera to the fair, so no pictures :( I did eat a fried Snickers, and Caleb ate fried Oreos, and we both had corny dogs, so it was a great time. And we played the games with my parents which was really funny! All of us throwing darts at balloons was a sight, I'm sure. And then we had to carry out all these stuffed things that we won (I can't say what they are because we are giving them to my brothers for Christmas because they are so stinking funny). It was a great time at the state fair!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I will pray for you! I am glad that you at least love your job. Just think if you were busy and hated your job!
ReplyDelete