Monday, November 2, 2009

I kind of feel like I've fallen off the face of the planet lately. All I do is work, and I'm so exhausted by the time I get home that I just want to lay around and watch movies. We really don't do much-I work, Caleb goes to school, and then church on Sundays. Other than that, we pretty much stick to ourselves. We're trying really hard to keep saving money, so we don't eat out, we don't go to movies, we don't go shopping... Some people would be really depressed living like this, but I think we have both learned a lot.

Thanks to my wonderful work buddy Taylor, Caleb and I did get a treat last Friday night-I didn't have to work until 10 (yay!) and we went to see "Couples Retreat" at AMC. It was a really funny movie and a real treat to get a break from everything. It still makes me sick to spend $9 a piece to go see a movie, even with a gift card, but it was still fun. We also started looking at things that we want for Christmas since our parents have been asking us. Things on my list include:

1. Ugg boots
2. Northface jacket

(yes, I realize that I made fun of girls for these things at OU, but apparently they are very practical and very comfortable)

3. Banana Republic essential trenchcoat
4. Hailey Coach purse
5. Coach wallet
6. Flip video camera

It seems to be an expensive list this year! I think Caleb and I have decided that we will just get each other something small this year, like a book or something. I was all for no gifts for each other at all, but I think the small gift is okay. :)

This coming weekend we have the Fall In-House Meet at the gym. This means in addition to my 9-12 classes, I will work the 12:45, 3:00, and 5:00 sessions. I think I'm bordering on workaholic, but whatever. Hopefully once Caleb gets done with school he will be making enough so that I just have to be part-time.

Trip to Norman is coming up! I still haven't found anyone to cover my classes, but hopefully that will work itself out. I already have tickets, which is awesome! Hopefully the game will be late so that MR can go! We are really looking forward to seeing all our friends up there and just being back in Norman. And football again! YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment