Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wonderful Weekend and waiting for Thanksgiving

Caleb and I had quite a weekend! After working a full day on Friday, Caleb picked me up at work and we headed north on good ole I-35 to Norman, OK. Now, to most Norman is nothing special-upon arrival I realized why I was so ready to get out of that place. But OU is truly something else, even if it is in a pretty funny little town. MR and Andrew kindly let us stay at their house and we had a wonderful time. We got to see Mitchell and Katherine on Friday night (we went and bought some Thanksgiving blend coffee, I don't know how it would pair with turkey but it's real good) which was great, even if it was only for an hour or so. And we got to go to UFC on Sunday, which was great! We saw everyone and then went to Bison Witches for soup and a sandwich. Such a great time with great friends. And of course we went to the game. Now, I cried at my last home game last year, so I'm pretty passionate. It was such a fun time to see OU blow someone out (like last year) and be back in the stadium with 85,000 other people. I do miss my weekly trips to that stadium. I do NOT, however, miss construction in Oklahoma. I-35 has been torn up since I was freshman there and it's still not done. It's not the same section of it, but seriously people. And Caleb and I took a trip to campus before we drove back on Sunday and man, with two buildings being torn down and rebuilt on the South Oval it's not the same. It's still beautiful, but not the same. I can't stand those stupid fences they put up when they're doing construction. But the flowers were prettier than I ever remember seeing them, maybe it's just because we aren't walking by them everyday anymore, but they were extra pretty, even with the rain coming down. I do miss campus, and I miss the people up there. Hopefully we will be able to make it up for a basketball game sometime next semester :) I tried to upload pictures, but it wouldn't let me :(

I can't wait to get out of Dallas again next week and head back to the desert for Thanksgiving! And after working extra the rest of this week and next week (I'm covering for people and working my own classes) I will surely be ready for a break. And after smelling MR's candles this weekend, I have become obsessed with them again and my mom is going to get me some in Midland at Candle Cafe. They are half the price of Yankee candles and smell just as good and last just as long! So this is exciting. Plus I will be in Midland for the first time since the wedding. That's weird. I am definitely putting on my wedding dress though because it's still hanging in my closet from what my mom tells me and I just didn't get to wear it long enough. I wish it were one of those things you could shorten and wear again, but I don't think that's how it works...

I also bought some moccasins today at Target. They were $15 and they are not real cute but they are super comfy. Kinda like the Dakotas that Ugg makes only not $100. Thought I would throw that out there.

I plan on making some red velvet cupcakes tomorrow, if they're good I will post the recipe. Hopefully they are or else Caleb and I will be eating a lot of crappy red velvet for the next few days. Maybe I will take them to work.

Off to bed, long week ahead. These are the days I really miss being able to skip class just because I don't want to go. Too bad work isn't like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment