I worried about nothing. Both moles were benign, even the one the dermatologist didn't like. So this makes me feel happy :) Caleb is now done with his second semester of Seminary, and he is already in full swing in his week long summer course. Bad news: 5 days of sitting in class from 8-5, dealing with traffic both ways (thankfully it hasn't been so bad the last two), and coming home and still having tons to work on. Good news: course is over on Friday, he has two weeks after that to finish up his work, and at the end, he will have 3 more credit hours. We are a lot alike in that regard: I would totally rather be miserable for a week than spread something out over an entire semester. It makes this week tough, but we manage. Heck, it's only a week. And I have a lot of new responsibilities at work and am doing quite a bit outside of my coaching and office hours, so it's all good. After this week, he has a two week break and then another one week course for 2 credit hours, followed by starting his internship at The Village Church on June 7th. Which is the day after our anniversary, for those who are keeping up :) Life is happening so fast, I feel like I blink and my week is gone, but in a good way.
We have many friends who will be calling the metroplex home in the next few months. Katherine and Mitchell will be right down the road from us, and we couldn't be happier. Well, except if MR and Andrew were coming too, but I guess we'll let this one slide :) Kara is moving to Ft. Worth to start a graduate program, which means for the first time since high school we will be living in the same state! This is very exciting. We don't talk nearly enough, but she's a great friend. With everyone moving and some friends buying houses in Norman, it makes me wish that we were buying a house. It's so hard for me sometimes to not get discouraged about where we are. However, I do realize it is a miracle and only by the grace of God that we have been able to make it this far without Caleb having any sort of a job. He has been able to devote himself 100% to Seminary and his studies, which is wonderful. I, on the other hand, have been beaten down and worked to the bone, but you know what's funny? I wouldn't change a minute of it. Sometimes I hate my job, sometimes I want to quit and look for something else, even though I know my degree is pretty pointless and won't get me anywhere. But all it takes is one parent telling me how much their child loves me (which I got today, always makes me feel warm inside) or one hug from the most annoying/B-A-D kid I see all week for me to realize I have been put there for a reason. I also see it in my interactions with my co-workers. The other day one of the people I work with told me that she and a friend were having a conversation about people who get married young and how her friend didn't think it ever works. This co-worker told her friend, "Oh no, I know someone that got married young that will last." I guess Matt's words recently have really struck me-about how you go into your job. It's not about you, or the money, or anything. It's all about serving God. He has said that several times the last few months. I think it's exactly what I've needed to keep me going. It is such a discouraging and draining job, both physically and emotionally. But I do think I've been put there for a reason, and I do think that God is glorified in what I do. At least I try. It is definitely not a job that is glamorous, or something I like telling people (I am still very self-conscious about it). But I try to remember that it's not about me.
I am excited to hear that UFC has formalized membership! This is very great news. What an awesome community in Norman. Definitely a great place to be. We miss it a lot, but have found an awesome church home here. Even if we drive 30 miles each way to get there :) Emily (my sister-in-law) is heading north to the Sooner State in the fall, and UFC will definitely be on the top of our list of recommendations for her. Also RUF, even though neither of us was ever involved in this organization. We both regret that. I am excited to see how OU changes her. I hope that she finds community, a place to be herself. MR, I will be sending her your way :)
Whew. I am tired. And full of coughing nonsense. Does anyone have a cure for allergies? Please send my way :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think everything that you said about glorifying God in whatever you do is so true! It sounds like you have a great attitude and are doing great things to serve God where he has placed you! :)
ReplyDeleteI just loved reading this blog. :-) So uplifting. We really wish we would be near you, too! Yes, please send Emily our way- I would love to get to know her and show her RUF and UFC.
ReplyDeleteI love your heart, Whitney Beth!
ReplyDelete